Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm Learning

A long time ago an old guitar player told me that anytime I go to buy any new gear, especially a new amp, Take some time and go to your local music shop and play as many amps as you can to find the sound you really want. This ol boy was right, I spent $500 a long time ago on an amp that I was only a little satisfied with. I bought a Vox VT100. It was a beast of an amp but lacked the low end that I was really wanting. And when I was chugging, the bottom end would wash out. I like the crisp sound when chugging. This amp would move a ton of air. Just not in the direction that I was looking for. So I have been looking for a long time and have played tons of amps. There have been several amps that I have really liked. Ones that have had the sound I am looking for. Now it is ridiculous to buy a $2000 amp when all I am doing right now is playing it in my bedroom. I really like the Egnater Rebel 30 and the Tweaker. They have a surprisingly good sound and they don't break the bank. Now if you think i'm out of my mind on looking at the Egnaters, then you are an ignorant piece of shit and I don't want you to read my blog anymore. I just think the tone they push out is incredible. I'm tired and did not get any play time today. Night

No comments:

Post a Comment